Pant-y-Saer (S.View, Griffith's text)
This Cromlech is situated on a limestone eminence, on a farm called Pant-y-Saer, in the parish of Llanfair Matharn Eithaf, and about six miles east of Llangefni. The capstone has fallen down at the south-east end, and rests on the ground, and measures nine feet each way, and is from two feet to two feet and a half thick. It has a rectangular chamber, composed of rude slabs for its sides, and they and [are] double in parts, averaging from three feet to three feet and a half high, inside, and about two feet outside. There is a very interesting account in Arch. Camb. Vol. VI 1875 by the late Rev. W. Wynn Williams, of the excavation of this Cromlech, where he found within the chamber a number of human bones, along with bones of animals, and shells, which undoubtedly proves that Cromlechs were originally sepulchral places. The whole structure is composed of white limestone.
Click here or on image for maximum resolution